Dec 4, 2007

Sunday Sun

The inestimable Daniel Bryne (The Guardian's own Keyser Soze) has drawn my attention to this delightful way of wasting my time.

1. Put your iTunes/ music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT

1. If someone says ‘Is this OK?’ you say?
Spec Bebop – Yo La Tengo
Turns out I'm actually Robin Williams' Mork

2. What would best describe your personality?
Seventeen – Forward Russia
Seventeen was, as I believe someone else once said, a very good year, I'd like to think I'd moved on just a tad in the intervening *mumble* years...

3. What do you like in a girl?
It's the Sun - Polyphonic Spree
Someone radiant? Someone gaseous?

4. How do you feel today?
Teenage Labotomy - The Ramones
No comment.

5. What is your life’s purpose?
Evil Bee - Menomena
Absolutely.

6. What is your motto?
Cello Song - Nick Drake
A little unecessarily ambiguous methinks...

7. What do your friends think of you?
A Cautionary Song - The Decemberists
"I knew this one guy... went into theatre... last someone heard of him he was scavenging for out of date readymeals behind a Tesco in Tooting Broadway"

8. What do you think of your parents?
The Water - Feist
I have nothing for this.

9. What do you think about very often?
From Here to Fame - Aim
Ha. Nary a truer word said in meme.

10. What does 2+2=?
Easier - Grizzly Bear
Oh yes.

11. What do you think of your best friend?
Remember Me as a Time of Day - Explosions in the Sky
If he were a time of day, he'd probably be about seven thirty. Don't look for meaning in that.

12. What do you think of the person you like?
The Beatles - Devendra Banhart
Baby you can drive my car? Anyone? Bueller?

13. What is your life story?
A Night at the Hip Hopera - The Kleptones
Boom!

14. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Domine Jesu - Mozart
Wow.

15. What do you think when you see the person you like?
On Your Way - The Album Leaf
Whose on their way? Her or me?

16. What do your parents think of you?
Fireworks - The Animal Collective
Disapointing and expensive.

17. What will you dance to at your wedding?
Fight! - Art Brut
It's going to be a good one...

18. What will they play at your funeral?
Sweet and Dandy - Toots and the Maytals
Now that would be a funeral.

19. What is your hobby/interest?
Shankill Butchers - The Decemberists
That's right, when I'm not writing for the Guardian or working for a popular London theatre, I torture and murder catholics to take the edge off.

20. What is your biggest secret?
Another Day - Air
Well aren't I just a tease...

21. What do you think of your friends?
In My Life - The Beatles
Ah. Well that's just lovely.

22. What should you post this as?
Sunday Sun - Beck

No comments: